The University of Minnesota and Pearsons Clinical (Licensees of the MMPI Tests) spent 8 years and Hundreds of Thousands of dollars to prevent you from taking the MMPI Prep-Test
Cozen copyright lawyers have acted as the agents on behalf of Pearson Clinical and the Regents of the University of Minnesota in a 8 year multi faceted legal battle to remove this website and it’s contents from the face of the internet. Here are the details of how hard they have tried to stop you taking the MMPI Prep-Test.
While Dr Dobson from Mindfit Hypnosis believed that Pearson should first prove in court a case against Mr Timmerson, and the program. He removed the MMPI-2 test from his website. The Law suit demanded that Dr Dobson advise Pearson of every change to every webpage and ever social media post he made in the future. Dr Dobson sent a reply essentially telling the Regents of UMN and Pearson’s to screw themselves – he was preoccupied with a move to Thailand.
Beat The MMPI meets Dr Dobson
It was in Chiang Mai Thailand, where I meet Dr Dobson and he told me the story of his hassle with Pearson’s and his law suit. He stated that the Lawyers for the MMPI had sent DMCA notices to Webhosts and PayPal claiming that they owned copyright of the Test he used to provide. Dr Dobson was confused as to why he was still being harassed since he removed the MMPI Test over a year previously. I asked if he would allow me to have the program and yet me start the test again. Dr Dobson allowed me to have it, so long as I contributed 10% of any income to charity as he was now doing with his 5 other website. I agreed.
The MMPI Lawyers get Dr Dobson Banned from PayPal for life. Stealing Money from Burmese Children Charity
Yet me point out from the start. One of the only reasons Dr Dobson gave me the opportunity to make this website was because living in Thailand he was well aware that the average Thai person income was around US$200-250 a month. He said that if I could make some extra money from the internet it would be fantastic. And he assisted in helping me set up a website and PayPal. He also stated that since his article on his hypnosis website ranked No 1 in Google he would provide a link for me.
2 Years later, when Dr Dobson was using his PayPal account assisting Metta Charity (providing food and education for over 400 Burmese children) PayPal advised him there was a complaint against his PayPal Account and to remedy and comply. Months later after not responding to several dozen emails asking what was the issue, PayPal, locked his account with several hundred dollars of the charities money. More Months after this PayPal finally advised Dr Dobson that one of his websites attached to the PayPal account had a link to www.beat-the-mmpi.com and that Lawyers had claimed they owned the copyright for this test. Dr Dobson immediately removed the link and appealed – but PayPal stuck to their decision. Dr Dobson has described how PayPal stole the charities money here … although it is obvious this was just another attempt by the University of Minnesota to punish the last known person for the re-emergence of this website.
The MMPI start attempts to Ban the MMPI Prep-Test
One of the first things Dr Dobson advised me to do was to not provide any real name details on any website I sell this product on. Since I have not the Owners of the MMPI have been unable to sue me personally, so they attacked on many fronts.
It is important to note that at various times these 3 companies have been successful in making me change the original website, but have never been successful removing it. I get far too many emails from Psychology students and even Professors thanking me for providing this test – it is not going anywhere.
It is also interesting to note, that each and every legal proceedings to prevent this website from providing the MMPI has costs either Pearson Inc or the Regents of the University of Minnesota $10,000’s of dollars. Each and every time I remind them that it simply costs me $12.95 every year to change the domain name, and slowly edit the website and change the wording or product title. This simple fact, no matter how many times I advise them as a non American living in a different country I am not concerned about what they do, has not prevented the Lawyers from getting rich from fees they take from their clients without getting any results.
Recently Pearson Inc and the Regents of the University of Minnesota acknowledge in legal proceedings that they know that they have spent over 100 years of any profit this website makes just to prevent people from using the MMPI Prep-Test.
Just a few of the Attempts THEY have tried to prevent people from taking the MMPI Test Online
Lets make this very clear. Pearson Education have no problem with you doing the MMPI test, so long as you pay a registered and trained psychologist around $800 to do it. They have point blank stated in their promotion of the training that “Joe Public” are too uneducated and stupid to be able to do this without the help of a Psychologist. Who must NEVER inform the client of how the test works.
Following are just a few of the Attempts that have been implemented to prevent you from taking this Test. I have highlighted their success and my adaptation to further highlight the waste of money the Lawyers continue to extort from a University.
- First they wrote DMCA to Bluehost webhost claiming that I was selling a copyrighted item. At the time I was using a subhosting account that Dr Dobson allowed me to use on his main account. Not wanting to cause him any more problems I obtained a webhost in Thailand.
- With the new webhost I also brought a new domain name (www.takemmpionline.com) and moved the website to that domain name.
- 6 Months later my Thai webhost advised me that the Lawyers for Pearson had complained about copyright and how would they like me to respond. Unlike Bluehost who is based in America and afraid of letters from Lawyers – my Thai webhost told Cozens Lawyers to go screw themselves. First they had to prove copyright in Court (something they could not do).
- Soon after I rewrote the questions in the MMPI test (updating language they used from the 1940’s) that I provide so that they would not be subjected to copyright. Cozens Law firm would write letters to webhosts and payment gateways falsely claiming that the questions where exactly the same as the Original MMPI. Some of these complaints I could write and provide a list of the difference, and the site remained untouched. Some of the time the companies complained to decided to error on the side of what the Legal firms claimed..
- 3 months later Pearson and the Regents of the University on Minnesota used Cozen Lawyers to complain to PayPal about my account. So I switched to Gumroad as a payment gateway knowing full well that PayPal would not investigate and just close the account. A claim that 10,000’s of people have complained about in blogposts and a well known policy of PayPal who are too big to examine any real complaints in detail
- Gumroad however are not that large and did investigate the claims of Cozens sent copyright complaints and advised me that if I sold the cheat sheet and gave away the Test there would be no problem. So I did this.
- Cozens filed a complaint with ICANN claiming that the domain name takemmpionline.com was used with intent to confused and mislead people that in fact I was associated to the domain names
They claimed that because website visitors would be easily confused with an identical domain name that ICANN should turn over the domain name to them. Knowing that the ICANN system needed to follow legal procedures I had no education in I wrote to all parties concerned and informed them the domain name actually expired a week after the hearing and I was not going to renew it. Instead I would merely change the domain name back to beat-the-mmpi.com and continue on. I did this and just to ensure that I would not have to put up with the harassment anymore, I changed the name on the test I provide from the MMPI (which it is essentially) to the MPI (a MMPI Prep-Test).
So what does all this mean?
Not very much. The item I am selling is now called the MPI and it has updated questions. However it still gives exactly the same result as the $800 MMPI-2 test. I can only imagine that the attempts that Pearson Education and the Regents of the University of Minnesota and the money they have spent trying to ban this website and test – can ONLY lend credibility to the product available.
As corny as it sounds, this really is they Test THEY don’t want you to have. And They have spent hundreds of Thousands of Dollars trying to prevent you from being able to purchase this item from this website